Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Audio Post Production

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    I was wondering. Any of you guys know what is the best software for all the audio work that's needed in post? From edited Foley to the final mix.

    What have you guys used? What's generally regarded as the best?

    I've read that pro tools is pretty much the best you can get for the Mac. What about PC?

    Despin out.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Vertino's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 1999
    Posts
    388
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The composer on my last short swears by Pro Tools (PC/Mac)

    For additional soundbites/FX I've been using Adobe's Audition (formerly known as Cool Edit) - it integrates well with the other Adobe products.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member peter_g's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There's alot to be said for adobe premiere pro. It has 5.1 mixing capabilitys and is compatible with all cubase VST effects/plugins, which is very cool

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sn-films's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2001
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I do all the rough mixing in MediaStudio Pro, but I've been using ACID to both clean-up and master the audio, in addition to scoring the soundtrack, for my current project. Gotta love track compressors...

    Haven't used Premiere's new audio features, but ACID can do all sorts of cool stuff like 5.1, etc. Has anyone used both? I'd love to hear pros and cons from a user instead of a magazine.

    Incidently, you may want to see if you can track down a copy of the Sonic Foundry Noise Reduction 2.0 plug in. I bought it about a year ago and haven't regretted spending the money. Using that, I've been able to strip all kinds of stuff off of audio clips while preserving the rest of the audio. I've stripped basic mic hiss, the camera motor off a couple shots when our mic was out of commission, and a fan that was in the back of the room for another scene. Its a very useful post-production tool to have.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •